Author Topic: Groan-hearing Time Travel  (Read 2098 times)

Goldenboots

• Zerg Hunt I Winner
  • Shareholder
Groan-hearing Time Travel
« on: October 27, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »
When my zombie spends the night indoors, he doesn't hear any groans - fair enough, the price you pay for being a good zambah citizen. But I strolled out of my nightly haunt and instantly heard OLD groans - see screenshot - only seconds after logging on inside (hearing nothing).

Eremes

• Regular
Re: Groan-hearing Time Travel
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »
Time paradox!

"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour."

Gage

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 05:41:32 PM »
Well you can't hear groans indoors IIRC, so that maybe part of it as you had just left a building. Maybe. Still weird as hell.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 05:57:56 PM by Gage »

The Chavster

• Shareholder
  • Formerly known as Jambalaya
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 06:58:47 AM »
That has happened to me quite a few times too.....but I can't explain it...

Click here!

STREETS IS WATCHIN'

Mickey6

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 09:48:36 AM »
I usually read what's happened since my last turn before looking at my hp when I log in, so my first clue my survivor has been killed is when there's groan messages mixed in with all the survivor talk leading up to my death.  Apparently, Malton is full of echoes....

Goldenboots

• Zerg Hunt I Winner
  • Shareholder
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 01:10:19 PM »
I usually read what's happened since my last turn before looking at my hp when I log in, so my first clue my survivor has been killed is when there's groan messages mixed in with all the survivor talk leading up to my death.  Apparently, Malton is full of echoes....

Yes, but those aren't echoes - they're what you dead abused body heard after being dumped in the street. There's at least some reason, I guess, for those, since you were outside.

My example has me stepping outside and hearing long-ago groans that should have gone away while I was inside.

Masumi Minogue

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »
It's a feature. Happens to me all the time. You can't hear groans inside a building, but if you step outside the building without moving elsewhere (or are killed and thrown out), you'll hear the backlog of groans you would have heard while your character was inactive if you had been outside. My zombies often make use of it.

Mickey6

• Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »
Yes, but those aren't echoes - they're what you dead abused body heard after being dumped in the street. There's at least some reason, I guess, for those, since you were outside.

My example has me stepping outside and hearing long-ago groans that should have gone away while I was inside.

No, I mean there are groans mixed into the survivor dialogue from before I got killed and dumped.  Same bug/feature at work, I think, which is why I commented. 

Bug or feature, it's handy for zombies.