Author Topic: Red Rum and the Malton Map Server  (Read 1556 times)

Sirens

• Regular
  • Red Queen
    • Red Rum Forums
Red Rum and the Malton Map Server
« on: November 13, 2006, 03:30:11 AM »
Okay, so not really an issue with the game itself, but I know a good chunk of people use my map, sooo....

Some of you have probably noticed that you can't see Red Rum's version of the Malton Map, or anything hosted on Soul-Fantasy.Net anymore.  My webmaster sent me this:

The server has developed memory issues during the night causing extremely high server loads, poor response times, and random periods of downtime.

We are currently in the process of arranging RAM replacements in the server due to poor performance since 6:30am GMT. A request is now pending with the datacenter to replace the installed RAM after our investigations. The time scale on this request depends on the response times of the datacenter.

If he sends me anymore info, I'll let you know.

....it really sucks, I was in the middle of a long project concerning the RR forums too.  :angry:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:41:00 AM by Sirens »

CaptainScarlet

• Citizen
Re: Red Rum and the Malton Map Server
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 06:14:50 AM »
It's back up and working. It's still a superb piece of work, for which you have our prodigious thanks!

Sirens

• Regular
  • Red Queen
    • Red Rum Forums
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 06:24:38 AM »
Yeah, it's working now.  The webmaster said it shouldn't go down again (at least not for the same reason :P).  He had some more...negative....things to say, most of which were directed at me.  It turns out some of my scripts were causing problems after the memory one had been fixed.

*hangs head in shame*

Meirleach

• Close Personal Friend of Anime Sucks
  • Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 11:27:08 AM »
Maps back yay! sorry to hear about the script thing  :-\