Author Topic: Dragging bodies  (Read 11450 times)

Hoolaparara

• Refugee
Dragging bodies
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:47:51 AM »
This could be interesting, I guess you'll to drag someone outside as your last action since I assume it takes you outside the building. And you get to see who steals bodies you are working on too, eg:

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dragging8ij.png

So hack hack hack, groan drag now?

Ransacking made a little harder to clean up, still seems to just promote entrenchment.

Shades of Grey

• Refugee
Re: Dragging bodies
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 02:07:58 AM »
You can drag a survivor outside once they reach 13 12 HP or fewer.  The skill (Feeding Drag) in pictures:

Also, the Scent Fear skill has been reverted to the beginning of the Scent tree.  Scent Death has been placed under it.

I'm going to wait and see how useful this really is, but it's certainly fun and nifty.  It's easily my favorite zombie buff since December.

Edit: for numerical error.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 02:55:37 AM by Shades of Grey »
Harvey Carleson: Too bad that a certain group  thinks they have the right to go handing out orders to everyone
Cowboy Up: Harvey: Shut up. No one is ordering anything

ShadesOfGrey's profile

Edith Bauer

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:39:14 AM »
Should certainly help hordes feed their younglings.  Plus an infected harman with <13HP suddenly on the street will not run very far.  The barracading change makes sense and makes ransacking more meaningful.

Will be interesting to see how this changes things.
Cheerleader for the Drunken Dead

Jabu

• Regular
  • But I Love Her!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 04:06:52 AM »
I like this improvement. It should help promote medic squads and make zombie group attacks against (online and simultaneously barricading) opponents fun. You should be able to drag out the weak ones afore the barricades come up. It will force harman-players to act more intelligently by making sure they sleep over(weak characters) at heavily barricaded and above buildings. Plus I like the teamwork this will give zombies(drag 'em outside and call the brothers n sisters to the feast ;D)
Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past... Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.

Snuffleuff

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 05:00:08 AM »
I love it!  Can't wait for my first chance to try it out.  And, of course, to read all the wailing from humans that it will unbalance the game  ;D

Now, if only we could drag humans from square to square.... just imagine hauling them down to the big zombie nest :toot:
I've seen a bear do things, well... even things that even a bear wouldn't do.

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 05:55:36 AM »
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it sounds fun, and fun is always good.

Nuge

• Regular
  • Zombarchy-Pro brains, Anti Headshot
    • Drunken Dead
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 09:13:23 AM »
Woot, zombie lovin from the Kev. The feeding drag will be nice. I can see the no barricading in ransacked buildings being a bit of a thorn in the collective survivor ass, but little more.

thegreathal

• Refugee
  • Founder, Independent Nation of Owsleybank
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 10:54:09 AM »
I say it's alright for humans, although must be a nasty surprise to log on today to be dragged out of a building :grin:
--AIM thegreathal
Visit Owsleybank!
This user or group knows exactly what to do with a banana.

Joe_Zombie

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 11:47:36 AM »
Hm....do you think Kevan is rushing out updates to try and make those planning to leave UD and/or go to jorm's game (forgot name) stay?

Nuge

• Regular
  • Zombarchy-Pro brains, Anti Headshot
    • Drunken Dead
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 12:24:48 PM »
It could be intepreted that way. Though I doubt people leave UD because they're starting to play Nexus War.

Chevelle

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 12:25:11 PM »
You mean Nexus War? I think so. I only played UD today because of the updates, and I wound up having fun dragging 3 newbies out of a church.

I <3 Alaway Cinema

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 12:26:56 PM »
A lot of the people playing Nexus Wars are still playing Urban Dead. I have one there, but I have 5 here. I don't know Kevan's motives. But UD peaked at 53,000 active characters in early February. Sense then it has dropped to just below 42,000, and at the moment seems to be holding between 42,000 and 43,000. It might be that he is worried that the game might continue to loose characters.

Edit: I found a quote by Kevan, and posted it in the ratio thread.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 04:20:05 PM by Michelle Sim »

Shades of Grey

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 12:55:27 PM »
I say it's alright for humans, although must be a nasty surprise to log on today to be dragged out of a building :grin:

From a human perspective it doesn't really matter whether you are dragged out by a zombie and killed outside, or killed inside and dumped by other humans.  From a defender point of view, all this does is save them the extra AP for dumping a body.  The difference is just to zombies, who can hand off easy XP targets to weaker, slower zombies outside.  Which is awesome.  My maxed out zombie will never again finish off a human inside a building while the doors are open and there are other zombies outside.
Harvey Carleson: Too bad that a certain group  thinks they have the right to go handing out orders to everyone
Cowboy Up: Harvey: Shut up. No one is ordering anything

ShadesOfGrey's profile

pesatyel

• Refugee
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 01:45:10 PM »
A lot of the people playing Nexus Wars are still playing Urban Dead. I have one there, but I have 5 here. I don't know Kevin's motives. But UD peaked at 53,000 active characters in early February. Sense then it has dropped to just below 42,000, and at the moment seems to be holding between 42,000 and 43,000. It might be that he is worried that the game might continue to loose characters.

I play both and I actually think Urban Dead is more fun (and not because my UD character has most of the skills compared to my NW character).  There is almost TOO much to do in NW and it really sucks logging on dead EVERY time I play (no matter WHERE I am) and respawning somewhere entirely different.  Granted that let me get some armor I probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but it is still a huge pain in the ass.

thegreathal

• Refugee
  • Founder, Independent Nation of Owsleybank
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »
I'm slowly getting NW...UD is good though. I was afraid NW would totally brainwash me away from UD forever, like everyone else who seems to leave. Don't have any idea what Kevan is thinking, although we can all guess what he could be thinking. What I'm thinking. You guys suck! I'm going to play Nexus Wars forever!!!!!
--AIM thegreathal
Visit Owsleybank!
This user or group knows exactly what to do with a banana.