Author Topic: Dragging bodies  (Read 11449 times)

Headless Gunner

• Refugee
  • Creedy Guerilla Raiders/PKer Alliance
Re: Dragging bodies
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 04:02:59 PM »
     I generally play all of my characters as harman. I think one day when I get tired of this I will convert. It seems though that this new skill willl benefit zombies without the Memories of Life skills tree. Realistically though, will you zeds really drag them out, wasting APs, only for other zombies to get the kill/XPs?
     I understand why Kevan has given zombies a new skill, but, it seems that it's just a coldblooded (albiet fun) thing to do with not much practical application.
     As a PKer however, IT WILL benefit me. If I see a dying survivor on the street that hasn't has his brain sucked out yet, I'm going to plug him with lead before you zeds get him.

Chevelle

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 04:41:36 PM »
It is beneficial. It allows a feral to gain an extra 18-23 experience points, and helps young zombies level up faster during seiges.

I <3 Alaway Cinema

Black Mask

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 05:26:47 PM »
Realistically though, will you zeds really drag them out, wasting APs, only for other zombies to get the kill/XPs?
I will be, and I suspect that a lot of the maxed out zombies will do the same.
Whatever. Continue to insult people over the internet. As long as it makes you feel better go ahead.- Sonny

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 05:33:39 PM »
I already tear down baracades, enter, and then grown for the newbies when one of my maxed out characters is a zombie. I have no need of more xp, so why not?

Headless Gunner

• Refugee
  • Creedy Guerilla Raiders/PKer Alliance
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 03:43:30 PM »
     Wow, well OK. It seems a very altruistic thing to do but I guess that's why i'm not playing as a zombie. As far as altruism goes, I can see the greater need for medics and of course necrotechs. This is sort of fascinating to me because i'm a psychology grad student (outside of Malton). Zombie clans and members of those clans seem to share a greater communal responsibility than harmon groups. I mean you'll see groups come to the aid of their allies when you guys hit a mall really hard (the RRF is pretty vicious when it starts rolling). I guess city-wide domination can only be achieved in strength in STRONG numbers and that would be a means of getting there.
     My group generally carries extra revive syringes on them for other members who need a quick turnaround. Usually that's pretty frequent, as we have to watch out for zombies and harmons too.  Usually we only recruit higher level players, so nursing newbies along isn't really a factor.
Sorry to wax philisophical, but this is kind of interesting in regard to the role one takes on for one's character and his/her group.

Hoolaparara

• Refugee
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »
  So what message do zombies get who outside a building when someone is dragged out?

Snuffleuff

• Regular
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 03:38:41 AM »
     Wow, well OK. It seems a very altruistic thing to do but I guess that's why i'm not playing as a zombie. As far as altruism goes, I can see the greater need for medics and of course necrotechs. This is sort of fascinating to me because i'm a psychology grad student (outside of Malton). Zombie clans and members of those clans seem to share a greater communal responsibility than harmon groups. I mean you'll see groups come to the aid of their allies when you guys hit a mall really hard (the RRF is pretty vicious when it starts rolling). I guess city-wide domination can only be achieved in strength in STRONG numbers and that would be a means of getting there.
     My group generally carries extra revive syringes on them for other members who need a quick turnaround. Usually that's pretty frequent, as we have to watch out for zombies and harmons too.  Usually we only recruit higher level players, so nursing newbies along isn't really a factor.
Sorry to wax philisophical, but this is kind of interesting in regard to the role one takes on for one's character and his/her group.

Zambahs are just naturally friendlier and more altruistic than humans, face it :)  My maxed-out zombie doesn't even kill anymore, most of the time.  He just breaks open buildings and then groans till he's out of AP, to bring all the baby zombies in.  Though, I do love to chase the eternal infection goal when I can, and try to infect every single survivor in a building.  It's my way of sharing a little of myself with the humans ;D
(FWIW, I have both zombie and human alts, and both are fun to play, but in my limited experience, the zombie groups are much more fun than the human groups.)
I've seen a bear do things, well... even things that even a bear wouldn't do.

Token Black Man

• Administrator
  • Shareholder
  • Do we have to play this game again?
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »
I like the idea of dragging out wounded people in order for the "younger zombies" to have some fun mauling a survivor. It really works well when someone is trying to rebarricade the building and others are shooting at you. You can snag the person and drag them out and thus avoid the intended fate of being gunned down.
I am Token Black Man, and I approve this message.

pesatyel

• Refugee
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 11:15:13 PM »
    I generally play all of my characters as harman. I think one day when I get tired of this I will convert. It seems though that this new skill willl benefit zombies without the Memories of Life skills tree. Realistically though, will you zeds really drag them out, wasting APs, only for other zombies to get the kill/XPs?
     I understand why Kevan has given zombies a new skill, but, it seems that it's just a coldblooded (albiet fun) thing to do with not much practical application.
     As a PKer however, IT WILL benefit me. If I see a dying survivor on the street that hasn't has his brain sucked out yet, I'm going to plug him with lead before you zeds get him.

Do you see the double standard?

As others pointed out, zombies are MUCH more altruistic.  They help each other, partly because they have to and partly because they can.

Survivors DON'T have to at all.  They are like "one man armies" if you will...which I'm sure YOU are familiar with.

Road_Dancer

• Refugee
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 01:09:19 PM »
Tell you what, having used the Drag skill, and seeing it used. I love it.
As a maxed out Zed, I have no need for the XP, but mauling a survivor and dragging them into the street is nice.
As a maxed out survivior, seeing your friends getting dragged into the street certainly puts the shitters up you!

YuriRuler90

• Refugee
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »
#  A zombie dragged Shakuras out into the street. (yesterday)
# A zombie killed Shakuras. (yesterday)

Pwned. Two different zombies, one high level, and the next a newb.

Edith Bauer

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 08:49:07 PM »
I think of dragging harmanz as giving them a last chance.  Log on quick and race to get inside before the infection gets you or newbs eat you.  Instead of finishing you off, I'll be working on the next one.  This could be more harmanz survive.  Probbly not though.
Cheerleader for the Drunken Dead

Shades of Grey

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 09:32:52 PM »
I think of dragging harmanz as giving them a last chance.  Log on quick and race to get inside before the infection gets you or newbs eat you.  Instead of finishing you off, I'll be working on the next one.  This could be more harmanz survive.  Probbly not though.

On a big siege, this could mean more  harmans killed.  With few or no zombies outside, it means less harman munching.  Drag wisely.
Harvey Carleson: Too bad that a certain group  thinks they have the right to go handing out orders to everyone
Cowboy Up: Harvey: Shut up. No one is ordering anything

ShadesOfGrey's profile

Latyon

• Refugee
  • Wake me from this nightmare...please. Help me.
    • Battle of the Forces RP
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 08:45:09 PM »
So if a zombie gets inside the building and the barricades go back up while it's inside, at EHB, is it still able to drag people out?

Forgive me, I only resumed play of UD yesterday and I realize that updates may have made it to where buildings cannot be barricaded with zombies inside (which would suck).
It's like yin and yang.  I'm the smart and rational one, while you...exist...

Doc Smith

• Refugee
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 12:26:28 AM »
So if a zombie gets inside the building and the barricades go back up while it's inside, at EHB, is it still able to drag people out?

Forgive me, I only resumed play of UD yesterday and I realize that updates may have made it to where buildings cannot be barricaded with zombies inside (which would suck).
No. I tried to drag out someone with only the doors being closed and I got this message.

"You drag the survivor away towards the exit, only to find that the doors have been closed."

I think it would be the same for barricades.