Author Topic: Dragging bodies  (Read 11447 times)

CaptianM

• Refugee
Re: Dragging bodies
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 11:43:09 AM »
why cant we drag him out the window?  :mad:

Edith Bauer

• Refugee
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 02:42:13 AM »
why cant we drag him out the window?  :mad:

Exactly.  Survivors can dump bodies no problems.  Can't see why we shouldn't be able to drag with closed door / cades. 
Cheerleader for the Drunken Dead

laserlight

• Refugee
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 02:49:00 AM »
In such a case, is there a point in dragging food for young zombies? With the doors open, they can just stroll in for a meal themselves.

cyberbob

• Latent Psychic
  • Shareholder
  • WHY HELLO THAR
    • My Wiki User Page
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 03:18:17 AM »
Exactly.  Survivors can dump bodies no problems.  Can't see why we shouldn't be able to drag with closed door / cades. 

That was a joke. How are you going to pull a heavy body out a window or through a door? Survivors can dump bodies out of upstairs windows. Trying to drag someone through one of those would make you fall. Which *should* be fairly obvious.

:duh:

I'd agree with you except that I think you are wrong.

laserlight

• Refugee
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 04:56:01 AM »
Trying to drag someone through one of those would make you fall.
Well, then the zombie will just stand back up again... or would it be an instant kill for the human too? :D

Latyon

• Refugee
  • Wake me from this nightmare...please. Help me.
    • Battle of the Forces RP
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
But if it were an instant kill then there would be nothing to eat (since he'd be on the ground dead) so it'd be a waste of EXP.  Unless Kevan made some kind of skill that allows you to eat corpses for maybe 1/4 the EXP (for revivifying or dead humans.  People who were killed as zombies would only give 1/8 EXP).
It's like yin and yang.  I'm the smart and rational one, while you...exist...

Shades of Grey

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 04:08:23 PM »
That was a joke. How are you going to pull a heavy body out a window or through a door? Survivors can dump bodies out of upstairs windows. Trying to drag someone through one of those would make you fall. Which *should* be fairly obvious.

:duh:

Well, falling isn't much concern for zombies since they can jump out highrise windows and land on their feet.  It does seem uneven that survivors can dump a body from EHB, but a zombie can't get a bleeding survivor body outside with even loose barricades.  It makes the skill fairly useless in a large siege situation.  It's only helpful if you can break in and maul them to near death before being noticed.  Not likely if there are more than 20-30 survivors inside.
Harvey Carleson: Too bad that a certain group  thinks they have the right to go handing out orders to everyone
Cowboy Up: Harvey: Shut up. No one is ordering anything

ShadesOfGrey's profile

laserlight

• Refugee
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 11:11:39 PM »
But if it were an instant kill then there would be nothing to eat (since he'd be on the ground dead) so it'd be a waste of EXP.
Not my fault, it is just what happens when one tries to rationalise a zombie game. At least the zombie will be able to take a human out before being headshot :)

I think that it is reasonble to allow zombies with MoL to drag through a closed door, opening it at the same time.

Snuffleuff

• Regular
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »
I just wish we could keep on dragging them, say, down the streets  ;D

Just imagine seeing a zombie horde coming at you dragging a dozen mangled survivors!  Or better, being able to drag them off to somewhere like, oh, Ridleybank, and dump them for a very rude awakening..........
I've seen a bear do things, well... even things that even a bear wouldn't do.

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2006, 06:32:40 PM »
I just wish we could keep on dragging them, say, down the streets  ;D

Just imagine seeing a zombie horde coming at you dragging a dozen mangled survivors!  Or better, being able to drag them off to somewhere like, oh, Ridleybank, and dump them for a very rude awakening..........
Ewww. That would hurt, seeing as just walking through Ridleybank I've taken a few bites.

pesatyel

• Refugee
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2006, 11:35:46 PM »
It does seem uneven that survivors can dump a body from EHB,....

That actually sounds like a good idea that survivors shouldn't be able to dump bodies unless the barricade is at VS (or less).

Black Mask

• Regular
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2006, 08:41:24 AM »
That actually sounds like a good idea that survivors shouldn't be able to dump bodies unless the barricade is at VS (or less).
I like it atmospherewise.  The problem with it gameplaywise could be this.  It could lead to a massive upsurge in zombies going into buildings as infected humans, because they'd be so hard to get rid of.
Whatever. Continue to insult people over the internet. As long as it makes you feel better go ahead.- Sonny

Shades of Grey

• Refugee
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2006, 01:20:22 PM »
I like it atmospherewise.  The problem with it gameplaywise could be this.  It could lead to a massive upsurge in zombies going into buildings as infected humans, because they'd be so hard to get rid of.

It seems perfectly within thematic and physical justifications to require survivors to lower barricades down to passable levels in order to dump bodies.  Not every EHB building in Malton is multi-story.  I've always had a hard time justifying why some 1-story building can be barricaded strongly enough to stop my from climbing in a window or scrambling in through a vent.  But, it's easy to pass a limp body through some available opening.  I agree with pesatyel.
Harvey Carleson: Too bad that a certain group  thinks they have the right to go handing out orders to everyone
Cowboy Up: Harvey: Shut up. No one is ordering anything

ShadesOfGrey's profile

Black Mask

• Regular
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 01:58:16 PM »
It seems perfectly within thematic and physical justifications to require survivors to lower barricades down to passable levels in order to dump bodies.  Not every EHB building in Malton is multi-story.  I've always had a hard time justifying why some 1-story building can be barricaded strongly enough to stop my from climbing in a window or scrambling in through a vent.  But, it's easy to pass a limp body through some available opening.  I agree with pesatyel.
I agree with you on the thematic and physical issue.

My worry is that it may lead to some players overly metagaming.  So it's a purely OOC worry for me, I certainly think this change is plausible in terms of the feel of the game.
Whatever. Continue to insult people over the internet. As long as it makes you feel better go ahead.- Sonny

pesatyel

• Refugee
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »

As with ALL changes to the game, I'm sure we would see a surge of players doing things like that to get a feel for the change or take advantage of it before people become accustom to it.

Besides, it is actually easier to bring a barricade down to VS from EH (if you consider how many "levels" one has to take out).