Author Topic: Dragging bodies  (Read 11448 times)

laserlight

• Refugee
Re: Dragging bodies
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2006, 08:45:10 PM »
It seems perfectly within thematic and physical justifications to require survivors to lower barricades down to passable levels in order to dump bodies.  Not every EHB building in Malton is multi-story.  I've always had a hard time justifying why some 1-story building can be barricaded strongly enough to stop my from climbing in a window or scrambling in through a vent.  But, it's easy to pass a limp body through some available opening.
In which case a fair modification would be to allow survivors to dump bodies from tall buildings regardless of barricade level, but require barricades to be at VS or lower otherwise.

Goldenboots

• Zerg Hunt I Winner
  • Shareholder
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 08:46:48 PM »
I've always assumed that some buildings (Caiger Mall springs to mind) have giant trebuchets to make the instant tossing of dozens of bodies a 1AP task for a single person.

Shannon

• Refugee
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2006, 03:47:31 PM »
I just added this skill and it's great fun, I found that more zombies head towards a block if they see a human on it so its a good tool for getting attention for an attack.
Wanna see some puppies? Or hot kitteh ;)

laserlight

• Refugee
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2006, 08:37:48 PM »
I found that more zombies head towards a block if they see a human on it so its a good tool for getting attention for an attack.
Wouldnt groaning be more effective at gaining attention that a foodfest is on?

Jabu

• Regular
  • But I Love Her!!!!
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2006, 09:04:37 AM »
certainly. I use groans ta find food all the time.
Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past... Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.

Mardigan

• Anti-Spam Group
  • Malton's top gameshow host!
    • The GMT Breakfast Club
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 05:34:48 AM »
In which case a fair modification would be to allow survivors to dump bodies from tall buildings regardless of barricade level, but require barricades to be at VS or lower otherwise.

An excellent idea.  If the building has a window, you can chuck stiffs into the streets.  Otherwise - assuming the 'cades are at EHB - you'll have to stomach the stench of rotting flesh.  Of course, when that flesh rises once more you're in for a whole world of hurt (potentially), so this may ultimately prove grossly unbalanced.

Survivors would need to be able to reduce barricading in that case, probably as a direct "debarricade" action; it wouldn't take more than 1 AP to reduce barricading by 1 level, so it could be a measured, progressive effort--no risk of suddenly raising your own defenses to the ground, cartoon-style, by simply removing one small piece from the pile.

Back on topic: it's interesting to consider exactly what Feeding Drag might reflect of Kevan's plans for Urban Dead, moving forward.  Primarly, are zombies becoming more sentient and intelligent, because they now exhibit consideration for other zombies?  Does this suggest that perhaps zombie communication skills might be improved in the future?  The "zombies understand other zombies, humans don't" argument certainly holds water for me.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 05:46:34 AM by Mardigan »

pesatyel

• Refugee
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 01:28:48 PM »
An excellent idea.  If the building has a window, you can chuck stiffs into the streets.  Otherwise - assuming the 'cades are at EHB - you'll have to stomach the stench of rotting flesh.  Of course, when that flesh rises once more you're in for a whole world of hurt (potentially), so this may ultimately prove grossly unbalanced.

Survivors would need to be able to reduce barricading in that case, probably as a direct "debarricade" action; it wouldn't take more than 1 AP to reduce barricading by 1 level, so it could be a measured, progressive effort--no risk of suddenly raising your own defenses to the ground, cartoon-style, by simply removing one small piece from the pile.

Well, the inherent problem there is jerks and "zombie spies" who would use that to their advantage.  A lone zombie can knock down a VS barricade and still have AP left to attack.  Not so for EHB barricades.  EHB grants an additional 7 levels of barricades to deal with and requires a horde to be effective.  Your idea would drop that to THREE.  In addition, the whole idea is to force survivors to juggle their lives a little more instead of just living behind their fortress and going out on "zombie safaris," which while not as prevalent (with all the recent zombie advances) as in the past, is STILL a common factor of the game.

Back on topic: it's interesting to consider exactly what Feeding Drag might reflect of Kevan's plans for Urban Dead, moving forward.  Primarly, are zombies becoming more sentient and intelligent, because they now exhibit consideration for other zombies?  Does this suggest that perhaps zombie communication skills might be improved in the future?  The "zombies understand other zombies, humans don't" argument certainly holds water for me.

I think zombies have ALWAYS "exhibited consideration" for other zombies.  For the most part, it has always been MUCH better for a zombie to be in a horde then to go feral, especially at lower levels.  Zombies are so incredibly limited early on they often have to turn to ZKing when there is a lack of survivors.  Veteran zombies, even if not maxed out, have already learned this (having gone through this themselves) and know to help the younger zombies.  Also factor in that early zombies are MUCH harder to play and people stop playing the game because of that as well as zombie anonymity helping hordes.

Shannon

• Refugee
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2006, 05:40:06 AM »

Well alot of people don't follow groans if they're over a few hours old but if they see a half eaten human they'll still make their way over.

So its a good technique to use both and helps out lower level zombies.

And considering that I've maxed out my charater now I think of it as feeding the little-uns
Wanna see some puppies? Or hot kitteh ;)

Midnght

• Refugee
  • Don't force me to Revive your ass!
    • Disgruntled Heroes Forums
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »
No wheres the humans ability to drag the rotter inside the NT building to revive his rotted butt! }:>P

Mickey6

• Regular
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2006, 04:06:19 PM »
No wheres the humans ability to drag the rotter inside the NT building to revive his rotted butt! }:>P

Considering the involuntarily human rotter's first actions after being revived would be to kill you, the generator, and possibly some of the other humans in the area before offing himself and returning to zombiedom...why would you even want such an ability?

Joe_Zombie

• Citizen
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2006, 09:40:21 PM »
Poeple never learn, do they?