Author Topic: Bounty hunting's how-to  (Read 13745 times)

keichix

• Regular
  • Bounty hunter (100+/3)
Bounty hunting's how-to
« on: July 04, 2006, 04:55:53 AM »
So, given that our main purpouse here is the PKer list, let's talk about bounty hunting.

Personally, i like hanging out in a suburb with a mall and wait for it. Zombies taught us how malls are the perfect bait. Another useful tip is to open your profile, or your contacts in another tab (firefox), and when you land the last hit you switch tabs and spend the remaining APs, in order to take the screenshot later with no hurry. About the screenshot, the Screengrab firefox extension is a really good aid for this. And an imageshack account is a good aid too. Some like to say something before the last deadly hit, i stopped doing it when a guy healed my prey while i was typing. What a shame.

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
Re: Bounty hunting's how-to
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 05:04:13 AM »
Once you kill someone in a densely populated area, get out of there. This goes for both PKers and bountyhunting (Though they are the same thing). Some may not know you are bounty hunting, and will scream bloody murder that you are a PKer and you will get shot down. I killed someone of a infamous PKer group a while back, and someone else screamed inside the mall, spraypainted all over the place that I was a PKer. Dead within minutes.

technerd

• Regular
  • PKers never win. Sometime..
    • Apple ][ Guy.Net
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »
As a pker or Bounty Hunter DONT sleep in MALLS/Resource Areas or Freerun paths to and from Resource Areas/Malls. Tyr to sleep areoun 5-10 turns from a mall and just check the mall for a tgt.  gaurentee you will find on most every time.

67 Pkers Killed Unknown # of Zergers...
irc.nexuswar.com #redrum #rrf

Sirens

• Regular
  • Red Queen
    • Red Rum Forums
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:35:30 PM »
If you're one of us who likes to shoot off your own mouth before dealing the last below, type it up before hand, as if you were going to say it, and then open a new UD window, and start shooting.  Right before the last shot, go back to the speach window, hit "speak" and then flip back and fire off your last shot.

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 04:27:09 AM »
-Stops thread for a minute-

Recommending Sticky.

Sirens

• Regular
  • Red Queen
    • Red Rum Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 04:43:10 AM »
Stikified.  *restart topic using a defibrillator*

CLEAR! *bzzzt!*

keichix

• Regular
  • Bounty hunter (100+/3)
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 07:16:32 AM »
Stikified.

Me soo happy! Anyway, i got to say that you don't need to move too far from the kill, in a month 1-2 only squares is been enough. Unless the guy is in a group, as happened to me in Dulston, when i was hunted down by the DDDS, but if that is the case even moving to another suburb won't be safe enough. So, remember to give a look to the affiliation, you'll kill the guy netherless, but at least you know how to act after. Another tip about screenshots is to name them like this (for your personal archive): "name date (id=)", to be sure you always have a copy of their data for reports.

technerd

• Regular
    • Apple ][ Guy.Net
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »
Always carry a few FAks because you will be killed and after being revived being at full health makes you harder to kill

GuavaMoment

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 06:39:56 PM »
If you're one of us who likes to shoot off your own mouth before dealing the last below, type it up before hand

You learned that one the hard way too, huh? What's even worse is that I panicked and tried to finish my kill by rapidly clicking attack. APed out beside my healthy target. They didn't get me though.

As for hiding, as long as you PK in zombie safe suburbs, hiding with the newbies in VS non resource buildings if possible. You're not going to get killed by newbies and people aren't going to check there often. Another good trick is to cross a free-running trench and re-enter inside. To see what I mean pull up a map of Pitneybank. Suppose you kill someone in Giddings. See how there are streets forming a giant "U" around the mall complex? By crossing those streets and re-entering a new free-run complex to the south or east you greatly diminish the odds of someone finding you. Most people don't want to leave the safety of indoors and will abandon a search if they have to go outside at all.

Great, now the CDF know my trick. :shh:

Sirens

• Regular
  • Red Queen
    • Red Rum Forums
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:03:52 PM »
You learned that one the hard way too, huh?

Nope! I've been saved by other people who make that mistake ^^

technerd

• Regular
    • Apple ][ Guy.Net
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:32:16 AM »
sooo anyone wanna make a guide on the wiki from this thred... (I am too lazy to do it)

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 10:58:37 AM »
Always carry a few FAks because you will be killed and after being revived being at full health makes you harder to kill
Adding to this, because sometimes you get revived and you are infected as you stand up. Having a FAK makes sure you don't get completely screwed over that.

keichix

• Regular
  • Bounty hunter (100+/3)
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 04:43:25 AM »
Sometimes, as a result of your killing, a PKer will be removed from the list, for he has no more kill points. You'll feel satisfied and proud of what you do, but you have to get over this: sooner or later he will show up again on the list, and you can't feel sad for it. Hell, sometimes they end up again on the list because the first thing they do once revived is hunting you down and take revenge! :roll:

The Chavster

• Shareholder
  • Formerly known as Jambalaya
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 05:34:38 PM »
You know 'bounty hunting' is PKing? It sounds sorta hypocritical to me.....

Click here!

STREETS IS WATCHIN'

keichix

• Regular
  • Bounty hunter (100+/3)
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 03:44:25 AM »
You know 'bounty hunting' is PKing? It sounds sorta hypocritical to me.....

Actually it's PKing PKers, and that's fine with me, as i've never pretended to be Jesus Christ.