Author Topic: Bounty hunting's how-to  (Read 13565 times)

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
Re: Bounty hunting's how-to
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 08:29:25 AM »
Please type up something beforehand, or at least mention that you're a bounty hunter in your description.  I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone uses these boards, and mentioning that might keep you from accidentally ending up on another group's hit list *cough*Keichix*cough*.   :P
--
Creedy Defense Force Chicken Motivation Researcher

Black Mask

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 08:32:42 AM »
Please type up something beforehand, or at least mention that you're a bounty hunter in your description.  I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone uses these boards, and mentioning that might keep you from accidentally ending up on another group's hit list *cough*Keichix*cough*.   :P
I endorse this suggestion wholeheartedly.   :grin:
Whatever. Continue to insult people over the internet. As long as it makes you feel better go ahead.- Sonny

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »
Bounty hunting = sanctioned PKing

keichix

• Regular
  • Bounty hunter (100+/3)
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 03:34:05 PM »
Please type up something beforehand, or at least mention that you're a bounty hunter in your description.  I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone uses these boards, and mentioning that might keep you from accidentally ending up on another group's hit list

Are you talking from the point of view of a third or of the PKer killed? Well, i use the old "Random name, you are on the Resensitized PKer list" before dumping the body usually, sometimes instead i broadcast a "[XX,YY] PKer Random name executed (Resensitized)" on the suburb frequency. As the fifty people limit of speaking can get in the way, i have this idea that brodcasting instead can reach everyone in the building.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:37:55 PM by keichix »

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 11:41:42 AM »
Are you talking from the point of view of a third or of the PKer killed? Well, i use the old "Random name, you are on the Resensitized PKer list" before dumping the body usually, sometimes instead i broadcast a "[XX,YY] PKer Random name executed (Resensitized)" on the suburb frequency. As the fifty people limit of speaking can get in the way, i have this idea that brodcasting instead can reach everyone in the building.

Before dumping the body doesn't help the person involved, although I suppose they can always check your profile to see if you're a bounty hunter.  I really like your broadcasting idea, btw.  I'll start doing that with Quinn when he collects a bounty.

Edit--This is what I'm talking about:

Had Dizzy Miss Lizzy deigned to explain why she offed AJSmith, this wouldn't have happened.  I am, quite frankly, getting sick of her wandering through our neck of the woods and doing her level best to game the PK List system to put a bunch of otherwise upstanding survivors on the wrong side of it.  I am also getting sick of running interference for her on the CDF boards--she's nearly had a jihad declared against her a couple of times now, and it's only my respect for the bounty hunters guild as a whole that's kept me from backing that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 11:50:56 AM by Enoch the Watcher »
--

keichix

• Regular
  • Bounty hunter (100+/3)
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 06:31:03 PM »
I really like your broadcasting idea, btw.  I'll start doing that with Quinn when he collects a bounty.

After being reported on Brainstock, i'll always be sure to do it before dumping the body.  :( I wonder if the PKer would have reported me if there was the reason on his screenshot (even if he could have done it anyway, as lists don't care about other lists).

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »
After being reported on Brainstock, i'll always be sure to do it before dumping the body.  :( I wonder if the PKer would have reported me if there was the reason on his screenshot (even if he could have done it anyway, as lists don't care about other lists).

What does dumping the body matter?  I thought you couldn't hear anything after the kill shot, regardless of your corpse's location.
--

jellofun

• Regular
    • ZOMBO
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »
perhaps the solution would be to announce the reason before the final blow?  That way the victim and all survivors would see it before the "X killed Y" part shows up.  Just a thought...

Mickey6

• Regular
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 08:31:59 PM »
What does dumping the body matter?  I thought you couldn't hear anything after the kill shot, regardless of your corpse's location.

If he's talking about broadcasting before dumping the body, not just talking, it works--even the dead can hear radios.

Editing this because I've been proved wrong: http://zombies.dementiastudios.org/boards/index.php?topic=441.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 03:35:20 PM by Mickey6 »

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 09:51:47 PM »
I didn't realize that.  Very cool.  I'll take advantage of that when I can from now on.
--

Kaew

• Citizen
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 12:38:21 PM »
Quote from: Enoch the Watcher
I am, quite frankly, getting sick of her wandering through our neck of the woods and doing her level best to game the PK List system to put a bunch of otherwise upstanding survivors on the wrong side of it.  I am also getting sick of running interference for her on the CDF boards--she's nearly had a jihad declared against her a couple of times now, and it's only my respect for the bounty hunters guild as a whole that's kept me from backing that.
Do you dislike Lizzy for hunting PKers? Sorry, I can't help you. If one is not on the PK list then I'll not attack them. Otherwise I'm helping the community by killing a PKer.
Keep in mind that I was KOS by CDF because if CDF's fault - not mine. Do you want to bring it up again?

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »
Do you dislike Lizzy for hunting PKers? Sorry, I can't help you. If one is not on the PK list then I'll not attack them. Otherwise I'm helping the community by killing a PKer.
Keep in mind that I was KOS by CDF because if CDF's fault - not mine. Do you want to bring it up again?

Before we starting flaming each other, would you do me a favor and read the whole message I posted (as opposed to just the last paragraph)?  You're disagreeing with a claim I didn't actually make.
--

Valafar

• Oh god I broke the board
  • Regular
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2006, 02:42:58 PM »
I'm helping the community by killing a PKer.
Keep in mind that I was KOS by CDF because if CDF's fault - not mine.
Actually the only memebers of the CDF that are on the Rensens list are memebers fo the PKRU. What you are doing in hindering the removal of PKers by targeting our BHs. You were KOSed because you PKed in our burbs without bothering to say why. Had you claimed (ingame) that you were bounty hunting none of this is would have happened. not all of our people have the time to look at 6 differant lists to see who is a BH and who is just a PKer. you braught it on yourself then tried to start a war with our people. Its been all I can do to keep my people from hunting you. Try and start claiming why you make the kill. Your not claiming is also what started that little war you had with AJSmith. Again a situation that I had to go in and fix your mistakes.
Sic vis pacem para bellum
Moderatio est figmentam

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2006, 02:58:39 PM »
ummmm....Can we move this to the PK list discussion...this is a HOW-TO, not the PK List Discussion II.

Valafar

• Oh god I broke the board
  • Regular
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »
Actually we were discussing the use of claiming bountys. That I feel belongs here as claiming should be part of the how-to and not in PK list discussion. Has nothing to do with the PKer list run here. More towards BH in general. If another mod feels differant they can move it. Otherwise this is where it stays.
Sic vis pacem para bellum
Moderatio est figmentam