Author Topic: Bounty hunting's how-to  (Read 13570 times)

Kaew

• Citizen
Re: Bounty hunting's how-to
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »
Before we starting flaming each other, would you do me a favor and read the whole message I posted (as opposed to just the last paragraph)?
I did.
You're disagreeing with a claim I didn't actually make.
which one?

Actually the only memebers of the CDF that are on the Rensens list are memebers fo the PKRU. What you are doing in hindering the removal of PKers by targeting our BHs.
They still ARE PKers. There is nothing whong with bounty hunting. They get more of my attention because they attack ME.
You were KOSed because you PKed in our burbs without bothering to say why. Had you claimed (ingame) that you were bounty hunting none of this is would have happened.
Is that a rule? I'd like a link.

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »
I did. which one?
They still ARE PKers. There is nothung whong with bounty hunting. They get more of my attention because they attack ME.  Is that a rule? I'd like a link.

Which claim?  This one:
Do you dislike Lizzy for hunting PKers? Sorry, I can't help you. If one is not on the PK list then I'll not attack them. Otherwise I'm helping the community by killing a PKer.
Keep in mind that I was KOS by CDF because if CDF's fault - not mine. Do you want to bring it up again?

Specifically, the second sentence.

It's not a rule, which is why I brought it up under this discussion.  The mistake I nearly made with Keichix prompted my earlier posts (see above), and your little vendetta with AJSmith is what brought you into the mix.

Listen, I don't care about you killing PKers.  In fact, both of my characters are currently on the hit list, so feel free to shoot them.  That's not the point.  The point is that your tendency to do so without mentioning that you're a bounty hunter is really getting on our nerves, and is going to keep getting you killed.  Like I said, I hate to break it to you, but not everyone reads these boards.  Most people playing this game don't know you're a bounty hunter, and if you don't tell them, you're going to get treated like a common PKer.  Personally, I don't think that's an offense for which someone deserves to be put on this hitlist.
--
Creedy Defense Force Chicken Motivation Researcher

Kaew

• Citizen
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 05:58:25 PM »
Bounty hunting must be done fast. It is dangerous to interrupt my work at the most important moment - before the actual kill. In large buildings people get healed all the time.

I changed my profile - would it suffice?
If I kill someone their name is likely to be found on this list:
http://zombies.dementiastudios.org/boards/index.php?topic=2.0
Check it before you accuse me of PKing.

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 06:12:29 PM »
Bounty hunting must be done fast. It is dangerous to interrupt my work at the most important moment - before the actual kill. In large buildings people get healed all the time.

I changed my profile - would it suffice?

Yes, thank you!  I always check someone's profile if I see them in our PK reporting thread, just so I can keep abreast of which PKer groups are in the area.  One glance at that and a person will know that they should, at minimum, check these boards to see about the validity of the bounty.
--

The Chavster

• Shareholder
  • Formerly known as Jambalaya
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2006, 04:32:37 PM »
I still think you should actually say something.....but whatever...

Click here!

STREETS IS WATCHIN'

Enoch the Watcher

• Refugee
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 01:21:49 PM »
I still think you should actually say something.....but whatever...

I always say something, but I know that some bounty hunters are resolutely opposed to that.  I think the profile link is a good compromise position.
--

Osgaurd

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2006, 09:25:07 AM »
Honestly, at least half of the populace in Malton don't care (or are too ignorant) whether you're a BH or not. (Unless you are involved with a group that recognizes the lists and uses it to their advantage or to help get PKers off their back. Kinda like the whole cdf thing up there. Heck, I've helped/tried to reform darvall's own CDF to use these lists or at least attempt to make use of them.) As pointed out earlier; (Edited to put exact quote into post:)
You know 'bounty hunting' is PKing? It sounds sorta hypocritical to me.....
(This is how a lot of players feel about this subject, but someone's gotta bring the fight to the *real* pkers.)

Now, I do agree some BH's if not most of them prefer to save their AP instead of wasting it on posting a link that probably *won't* get used 85% of the time. In the end, it's just a way for them to potentially abuse the list by hoping said PKer doesn't know of the PKer lists they are using to score kills against humankind. I'm also almost positive that *most* of the PKers on this list have been given the link here multitudes of times but really don't give a :toot:. That's the way they want to play it, then so be it. It's not a rule anywhere that I can see saying BH's have to post what they say before or after making the final blow. (Of course it makes sense to say it before hand so the hunted have some chance of making a reform or be endlessly hunted by my smoking shotguns.)

Seriously, if you want to take matters into your own hands for revenge, then no one is going to stop you. That doesn't mean you are exempt from the risk of being placed on multiple PKer lists. If you don't like that, then you probably are in the wrong business of this game and should go back to the toy soldiers in your forts.

Anyways, having Firefox and the auto-fill option is pretty nice. All I have to do is type my warning to PKers once and it'll remember it for a long time or until I wish to change said message. (I think I have it set to 60 days.) Now, the one question I have is how many lists does the average BH or player use to either report bounties collected or to report PKs against them? I use only this one, since I'm a fairly nice person that doesn't like to totally drag Pkers down in hopes that they will reform one day. (I'm also a firm believer in that there should be only one list and this one does the best job of it.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 09:27:37 AM by Osgaurd »

Gizmo the Cat?

• Citizen
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2006, 02:22:34 PM »
What about the hunters who hunt the bounty hunters?

keichix

• Regular
  • Bounty hunter (100+/3)
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2006, 07:53:52 AM »
What about the hunters who hunt the bounty hunters?

PKers? I must admit some of them have been targeting me, but after the second time i got killed i stopped reporting them, i can get a revive in less than 5 ap and it's actually safer to lie down revified because no one could mess with you.

Kaew

• Citizen
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2006, 09:06:38 AM »
I just file a report and then give them a higher priority

Kaew

• Citizen
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2006, 07:05:44 PM »
to speak or not to speak?

Shiakou

• Citizen
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2006, 06:40:33 PM »
 :D :D :D

That happened to my zed too. But it's funnier when it happens to survivors.

Trunksoul

• Anti-Spam Group
  • Sweet Dreams
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 06:27:45 PM »
Bounty Hunters and PKs are completely different. If there was no such thing as bounty hunters then PKing would happen even more often than it does now. The game might even be ruined by people who continually hunt newbies and grief them into quitting.

Besides, part of the fun of PKing is knowing people will be out looking for you. Hence you need to find good hiding places and really take a hard look at the people you spend the night around. Bounty Hunting and PKing both add that layer of challenge that makes it all the more satisfying.

to speak or not to speak?

It's not a good idea to advertise you're a bounty hunter. It may lengthen your e-penis, but it will also get you killed by any PKer that happens to click on your profile.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:30:35 PM by Trunksoul »

xensyria

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »
Bounty Hunters and PKs are completely different.
Besides, part of the fun of PKing is knowing people will be out looking for you.

Well some bounty hunters enjoy the same thing - with PKers after them the whole time, they too have to use tactics to throw them off their scent.