Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 14938 times)

Zombie in Pajamas

• Regular
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 09:32:47 PM »
Duck, as usual, you are not helping the cause you have decided to champion. The more you speak out of anger, the worse you make the situation. Perhaps you should consider calming down before contributing. Remember, anything you say reflects on the people and groups you are involved with.

Nina, I am sorry to hear about your mother. Losing someone close to you is never easy, and sometimes the only solace people can find is in the welcome embrace of a game and some of its communities. Adding to that the stress of losing ones job and the having to try hard to make ends meet, it's not pleasant at all. My report undoubtedly made the burdens you shoulder seem much worse, and I am not the type to make light of that. However, your reputation in UD is not ruined. All you have to do is show that your characters are separated and they will be removed from the list. If you do this before the next update, you'll be added and removed in the same update. It'll be as if you were never on, but you will still have one strike against you, much as TreeBob had before. However, in his case, since he has been caught a second time, he is not granted the same courtesy.

I hope things for you look up soon and that you choose to get yourself removed from the list.

The Furious

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
I lost my job and you don't see me cheating

So clearly she has no excuse

You've been caught cheating before Colonel, so don't pretend you're some snow white innocent.

The Colonel

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »
Why Lord K I don't but since I have been a rather upstanding person

DT

• Flapjack Social
  • Regular
  • Who?
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
How can you dispute that? It doesn't even make sense.
No, can you actually read that post, Aiden?
"AUDACTER CALUMNIARE, SEMPER ALIQUID HAERET."

The Furious

• Refugee
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »
Why Lord K I don't but since I have been a rather upstanding person

I would dispute that as I had to shut down some rather..questionable activities you were spearheading at one point not so long after you got caught zerging. Not cheating under the rules of the game, but I would call trying to infiltrate and grief a group out of existence something other than "upstanding". I'd call it alt abuse given the circumstances.

In any case, certainly not the sort of activity that would permit you to act holier than thou towards someone else.

The Colonel

• Citizen
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 10:10:02 PM »
a grief a group out of existence

unless I am mistaken this very group does this, except they have a reason to, I don't ask for a reason other then my own personal enjoyment

Nina

• Refugee
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 10:28:14 PM »
Stop making excuses for why you cheated Nina. You didn't get perma listed. All you have to do is stop cheating, prove you aren't cheating anymore by posting screencaps of your character's locations, and agree not to cheat anymore. It's really that fucking simple. As for your boyfriend Zergbob, he's had his chance to get off, decided he'd rather be a cheat, and then have you reverse White Knight for him. While I feel bad for you because of your personal life, I honestly couldn't give a fuck less why you cheated. You cheated. You got caught. End of discussion. No amount of sob stories are going to make anyone unlist you.

Too bad some MOD took your other rude comment out... notice somebody might have a heart around here..

My point was not to take that matter as an excuse but a point.... I don't have time to fuck with you guys. RL is much more... to die for.

My friendshit with Treebob dates a while...  always showed up to help out as I could. NOW.... I am not going anywhere... thinking of countering you guys actually... should be easy enough... just start a forum ;)

Nina

• Refugee
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
You've been caught cheating before Colonel, so don't pretend you're some snow white innocent.

Loving that...

DT

• Flapjack Social
  • Regular
  • Who?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 10:33:06 PM »

]My friendshit with Treebob dates a while...  always showed up to help out as I could. NOW.... I am not going anywhere... thinking of countering you guys actually... should be easy enough... just start a forum ;)
Oh lord! A group zerg army campaigning against the Liste? That's such a New Concept!

Don't worry, Nina. Cheating is okay - it's not against the rules.

My friendshit with Treebob

I feel that this sums it up pretty well.
"AUDACTER CALUMNIARE, SEMPER ALIQUID HAERET."

Saint_Gambi

• Shareholder
  • Alt Violator
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:11 PM »
Nina, this is not about you vs them. This is about a game rule that you broke. Separate your characters and post screenshots showing them at least 10 spaces apart to the zerg list.

I am sorry to hear about your real life problems, but you know what? Everyone has real life problems. You are not unique.  Your excuse is not unique.  If real life is so much of a burden at the moment, perhaps you should take a break from the internet?
I <3 Death Threats

Quote from: Revenant
The phrase "social skills of a thermonuclear device" comes to mind.
Quote from: DrJackson
What ever happened to the Smurfs and The Magic Roundabout ?
* Saint_Gambi engraves "The internet thought she was a bitch" on her tombstone.

Nina

• Refugee
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »
Well hanging out in games took my minds off RL so far but now... being accused of cheating is really annoying the crap out of me. You guys want me out of this game ?

Bullies... always hated them in school... now I'm in my 40s and still dealing with this ? haha... maybe I should tell you all to fuck off... and find some game that demands actual tactics... hmmm...

Well good luck with your plans to ruin everybody's game there... later

The Furious

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »
This is about a game rule that you broke.

It's uhh..actually not a game rule. Nothing in the text of the FAQ specifies 10 spaces, it specifies separate suburbs. However, it's a commonly accepted interpretation of that and I have no real problem with it. All the same, I wanted to clarify so that you're not accidentally misleading anyone.

Saint_Gambi

• Shareholder
  • Alt Violator
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »
It's uhh..actually not a game rule.

Aiden, I've heard this argued many times and every single time the people who say it's not zerging come out looking like fools.  But for your benefit we'll go through it again. 

The FAQ states:
Am I allowed to play multiple characters?

You are, provided that they lead completely separate existences within the game - your characters should not collaborate, nor share (or stand outside) the same building. Multiple characters found to be working together in a suspicious fashion will be automatically flagged, penalised or even banned permanently by the system. If you're running a few characters, it's best to make sure that they stay in separate suburbs.

(If you're sharing a computer or workplace with other players, it's recommended that you don't work together too closely, as this may be wrongly interpreted as a single player using several accounts.)

10 spaces=1 suburb.

Therefore playing 2 characters within 10 squares=zerging.

Nina, I was trying to be reasonable with you. It's pretty obvious that you invest way too much emotion into this game. Bawwwwwing here is not getting you off the zerg list. You know what you need to do to get off the list but you and Treebob have already demonized resenz in your heads. That your bounty hunting "friends" don't care if you cheat or not, and will even try to defend you when you do, well, frankly I'm not really surprised. I bet they'd even helped you try to cover up your zerging because that's what friends are for right?  They cover your ass when you cheat, right?  They take some bullets for you when they're all being sprayed in your general direction, amirite?

They used to think of me as a friend at one point too, y'know, before I reported treebob to the zerg list.  Just putting that out there. ;)
I <3 Death Threats

The Furious

• Refugee
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »
Separate suburbs could just as easily mean 20 spaces, or 30, or 40, or for that matter 5. You're reading a definition into the text which does not exist in the text itself and so far as I've seen, hasn't been clarified directly by the author of the game.

Philosophically I find a 10 square separation a nearly useless criteria for determining whether or not someone is cheating and think that generally, the ZL is unnecessary except for in cases where there is proven direct coordination. Practically? It's a reasonable expectation for people to follow and shouldn't really hinder anyone too much, so the ZL specifying that degree of separation is perfectly fine by me.

Oh and for the record, reporting Treebob wasn't the reason why you were removed and why I rarely talk to you now. Your foaming at the mouth rants and personal attacks against those who should be seen as a friends, your ingratitude for the things we did do for you, and your complete and utter refusal to quit being such a right old bitch were why you were removed. Somewhat analogous to sdguo.

Your continued personal attacks and assertions about other people despite a distinct lack of evidence (such as the ones you just flung at BHers in general) certainly aren't working to overturn that assessment of you.

As for Nina and Treebob here? I'll say that I regard them as perfectly decent human beings, but beyond that? They did violate the aforementioned reasonable criteria and I won't question that for a moment. I've advised Nina as to what I believe she SHOULD do, it's in her hands from there.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:35:14 PM by The Furious »

Saint_Gambi

• Shareholder
  • Alt Violator
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 12:40:48 AM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:44:23 AM by Saint_Gambi »
I <3 Death Threats