Author Topic: ZL Rapsheets  (Read 13733 times)

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
  • Retired: Will Only Answer Admin Questions.. Bitch!
    • My Video Blog and Coherent Ramblings
Re: ZL Rapsheets
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 03:35:26 PM »
Hmm, really we need a webspace to get anything started. There's plenty of free software out there, but we need to really put some time into organization. Perhaps a wiki page per zerg player with all their alts listed and evidence posted? This would be linked to the actual zerg list, so it could be easily searched. This same page would be UDWidget/UDTool compatible, which would reduce the amount of editing required. However, if we did use a wiki format, then how would we restrict who edits?

you mean this? http://resensitized.dementiastudios.org/Main_Page

Linda Watkins

• Regular
  • Witch Hunter
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »

Yeah, but

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators.

Also, we'd have to restrict edits to ZHU members, say. Either globally or to a special ZL namespace or whatever mediawiki calls it.

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »

Yeah, but

Also, we'd have to restrict edits to ZHU members, say. Either globally or to a special ZL namespace or whatever mediawiki calls it.

However, if we did use a wiki format, then how would we restrict who edits?

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators.
That'd be how

I can set people up accounts prolly after the holiday season... I'm not going to have much time to do much of anything over the next two weeks.. you can always bug Akule or TBM.. maybe they can set up some accounts.

Prep

• Regular
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 04:35:51 AM »
Oh, we have a wiki! Who owns the dementia webspace?

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 04:56:05 PM »
Oh, we have a wiki! Who owns the dementia webspace?

Token.... but myself and Akule are also admins...

Prep

• Regular
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 03:50:39 PM »
Can we move this to an open forum, so all can contribute?

Thanks!

DrJackson

• Shareholder
  • AWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »
If noone has any objections Ill do this in an hour or two
"your friends look like drooling, slack-jawed gimps"
" 27.11 MHz: "DrJackson-another resident buttwipe needs to be put downASAP" (14 hours and 20 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "DrJackson=KOS/DNR" (14 hours and 19 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "Did we mention DrJackson is a lying weasel of a poofboy?" (14 hours and 17 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "and he wears his granny's panties on the outside" (14 hours and 16 minutes ago)"

[img]h

Saint_Gambi

• Shareholder
  • Alt Violator
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
Funny you should mention that. I thought of doing my own dumbwit clone.

The ZL could use something similar to the RG, i.e something database-driven rather than a wiki. This would also simplify data entry and perhaps make the lives of the mods easier. However, the evidence presented for zerg cases is often much more complex than a simple screenshot (*waves at Akule*) and not as straightforward to capture in a record.

Basically, the hard part is designing a system that's useful to ZHU as well as the general public. Data entry is just a grind.
Rapsheets have links to old reports and space for comments though, no?

If you end up doing a dumbwit clone, can we make it searchable and with user accounts? My main issue with dumbwit is that they're very easy to lose.  So could you make it more like the old iwit than dumbwit? Or all public, even, like UDwit?
I <3 Death Threats

Quote from: Revenant
The phrase "social skills of a thermonuclear device" comes to mind.
Quote from: DrJackson
What ever happened to the Smurfs and The Magic Roundabout ?
* Saint_Gambi engraves "The internet thought she was a bitch" on her tombstone.

the_real_sam_fisher

• Banned
  • Shareholder
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:04 AM »
Can I suggest that maybe there should be some sort of Amnesty for all the old zergers? There must be a ton of dead zergs that no one plays anymore. Good way to start a brand new list with maybe like the worst of the worst on the list like top 50 current worst zergers and start from there? Should make it a lot easier to manage the list and create a wiki then let it grow from there.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --- House

Linda Watkins

• Regular
  • Witch Hunter
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 08:43:52 AM »
Rapsheets have links to old reports and space for comments though, no?

If you end up doing a dumbwit clone, can we make it searchable and with user accounts? My main issue with dumbwit is that they're very easy to lose.  So could you make it more like the old iwit than dumbwit? Or all public, even, like UDwit?

I've been distracted by several new -- look, shiny!

With regards to the rap sheets, I believe the best way forward is the wiki. I still want to have a go at them, but I need help with templates. And there's got to be at least one more active data-entry monkey^Wcollaborator.

As far as a dumbwit clone is concerned, search of public ones isn't hard. Adding accounts is way more work, although there may be a possible kludge.

I'm a bit swamped right now, but repeated poking and assistance will produce results  ;D

rosslessness

• Refugee
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »
Thats a Damn Sexy Wiki You've got there. So each zerg account is given its own page, and as evidence is added, and zerg alts found, the individual pages would be merged into central pages with the individual character pages being redirects?

Neat.
Witness my lazy and ineffectual power.

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 09:31:39 AM »
Can I suggest that maybe there should be some sort of Amnesty for all the old zergers?

no.

no blanket amnesty.  Though there was a suggestion that the tools list not include idled characters, but it would have to be constantly checked perhaps weekly somehow.

the_real_sam_fisher

• Banned
  • Shareholder
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 12:06:30 AM »
no.

no blanket amnesty.  Though there was a suggestion that the tools list not include idled characters, but it would have to be constantly checked perhaps weekly somehow.

Just a suggestion on the whole thing. The whole idled list characters sound good also.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --- House

Linda Watkins

• Regular
  • Witch Hunter
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »
Just a suggestion on the whole thing. The whole idled list characters sound good also.

Hmmm. The current ZL has 5000+ alts on it. At 150 contacts per alt, it would take about 35 alts to track them. On the up side, it's not hard at all to write a script that takes the raw ZL, looks up UDIDs, and spits out mass-contact lists in chunks of 150 (or whatever the limit is). Then there's staying in sync with updates to the ZL, but that could be semi-automated, too.

Hmmm indeed.

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 09:35:21 AM »
I'm sure someone could write up a code or something that only requires one character that once logged in, adds ZL people to profile, checks it, spits out results to a text file, removes people from profile, rince, repeat.