Author Topic: The Rottens - zergers?  (Read 5147 times)

atty

• Refugee
The Rottens - zergers?
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:03:20 AM »
Hi all! Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I'm brand new here.

HELP PLEASE!!!

There is a group of about 16 or more zombies/PKers called the Rottens in Heytown that has as its goal to destroy Godson Arms, the Craske Triangle and places in Peppardville. They showed up in the area around the first of July and are still there.

Is there anyway this group can be checked out to see if they're zergers or reported? We're all getting pretty *bad word* tired of it!!  >:(

Thanks for your help!

Dr Killdare

• Regular
  • Does anyone know where I left the top to my dress?
Re: The Rottens - zergers?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:26:54 AM »
Atty, I don't mean to sound unsympathetic to your situation but you shouldn't call them zergers just because they're rotters and may have decided to take up permanent/semi-permanent residence in your suburb.  Sometimes zombie groups establish a "homeland" and, frankly, even if they haven't done that, the more you react/overreact to their presence, the longer they'll stay because they think they've found game.

However, if you really think there might be a case of zerging going on here, please post their profiles.  But I must warn you that if they are in fact zergers and most of them are rotters, there isn't much this board can do to help you.  It's a waste of AP and ammo to try to kill what's already dead.  You might consider rethinking your game and how you play around them. 
Queen of Malice (Leader), Garniss Border Patrol
Scarletwood

This computer allows me to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and vodka martinis.

Quod dixi dixi....... (Cicero, What I have said, I have said.)

Mickey6

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 09:29:42 AM »
If you want to know if they're already on the list, you can search the Zerg Liste for their names.  

If you want to report them as zergs, you'll need their names, links to their profiles, and screenshots showing them working in the same 'burb or 'burb-sized area (10 blocks).  Any other evidence you might have of them being zergs would be accepted here, too--for instance, screenshots of characters admitting they also play other characters you've seen in the area, or forum posts by one guy claiming multiple characters.  You'd put all that into a post for the Zerg Liste and then the mods could take a look for suspicious similarities.  If all or most of the characters were created in the same day, have the same real name, or share the same typos or bad spelling, it would be worth noting in the post to give the mods a place to start looking.

atty

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »
Thanks for your responses, Dr. Killdare and Mickey6. You are both very helpful!

Dr Killdare

• Regular
  • Does anyone know where I left the top to my dress?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
You're welcome, atty!  And best of luck with your problem up there, too.  Remember to gather those IWits and profiles and let the board take a peak.
Queen of Malice (Leader), Garniss Border Patrol
Scarletwood

This computer allows me to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and vodka martinis.

Quod dixi dixi....... (Cicero, What I have said, I have said.)

atty

• Refugee
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:28:45 PM »
This happened around 1:45 am EST this morning:

You are lying outside the Godson Arms, an imposing concrete pub covered in abandoned scaffolding. The building's doors have been left wide open, and you can see that the interior of the building has been ruined.

Somebody has spraypainted Pathetic defence HOP zergers! and ef u2 onto a wall.

There is a lone zombie here.

There are two dead bodies here. You recognise DDR Guru and winkalt.

Since your last turn:

* Brujo asesino said "FAK! i couldn't find any in corn. hello tila my blood has been tainted *swigs his bottle* ~lost 1hp to infection~" (2 hours and 1 minute ago)
    * A zombie brought down the last of the barricades. (49 minutes ago)
    * A zombie bit into you for 4 damage. (49 minutes ago)
    * A zombie killed Brujo asesino. (49 minutes ago)
    * A zombie dragged you out into the street. (49 minutes ago)
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (48 minutes ago)
    * You were killed by a zombie. (48 minutes ago)

You are dead.

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1749044

http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1763868
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1742616 - another Rotten...

and some others:

Dead Rotten Bug
Rotten Ville
Rottens playground
Clutter Bug
Barff
Meet The Rottens
Fuzzy Freak
Marty Maggot
The Roach Master
Mrs. Rottens
Becky Rotten
The Rotten Dead
Le gion
Rotten Ass
Rotten Becky
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:03:44 PM by atty »

Prep

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 04:29:06 AM »
This happened around 1:45 am EST this morning:

Tell me you got a dumbwit. None of that is actual evidence. We need a screenshot or iWit/dumbwit, not a written account ...

atty

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
Tell me you got a dumbwit. None of that is actual evidence. We need a screenshot or iWit/dumbwit, not a written account ...

Apparently I'm the dumbwit because I've never heard of that before. This is the copy and paste of my screen at the time...*goes back to the drawing board to take one for the team....*

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:14:20 PM by atty »

DrJackson

• A Moderator
  • Shareholder
  • AWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 01:14:22 PM »
I have some.
"your friends look like drooling, slack-jawed gimps"
" 27.11 MHz: "DrJackson-another resident buttwipe needs to be put downASAP" (14 hours and 20 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "DrJackson=KOS/DNR" (14 hours and 19 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "Did we mention DrJackson is a lying weasel of a poofboy?" (14 hours and 17 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "and he wears his granny's panties on the outside" (14 hours and 16 minutes ago)"

[img]h

atty

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »
I have some.

You have some what? Brains?  :grin:

Spiderzed

• Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 05:42:10 AM »
As no one else seems to want to help: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Witness_Systems#Dumbwitness

What Dumbwit (and its competitors) do is to grab the output of your UD game screen and put it online as an HTM file.
The big advantage that wits have is that they are way harder to falsify and forge, making them more believeable evidence. (Along with a creation date and time, clickable links to profiles and many other neat bling-bling.)

What you do now is this:
1.) You go here and add one or both of the links to your bookmarks.
2.) You play UD until you run into something fishy (like Rotten001, Rotten002, Rotten003 up to RottenOVER9000!!!! rising within 2 minutes).
3.) Staying on the UD tab/window, you click that link and follow through the instructions until you are on the page of the HTM wit (which will look like this).
4.) You copy that link (iamscott.net/###[...]###.htm) and post it here in the relevant Resens thread, describing what exactly is fishy about that event.

atty

• Refugee
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 09:05:35 PM »
Thank you Spiderzed! I will try this when I'm alive again...am currently waiting for a revive...again.

atty

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »
Here's another rotten profile..this is #18:

can't stop the rottens:
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1745491

Spiderzed

• Regular
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »
That's not how zerg-listing works.
We need to see them acting in proximity to each other (as a wit or screenshot), along with evidence that points at them being run by the same person.

Make sure to have them all contact-listed, or zombie anonymity will make it hard to prove that they are close to each other.

atty

• Refugee
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 03:56:36 PM »
I just wanted to get that on here so I wouldn't forget.

Since we all have been scattered, it's kind of difficult right now to get something with the whole horde at the moment.

I just saw this spraypainted on a wall in Kitch Park in Pitneybank:

Somebody has spraypainted free zerg pass http://zombies.dementiastudios.org/ onto a tree.