Author Topic: Zerg List Discussion 7: ....Wait, What Happened To 6?  (Read 78455 times)

bisfan

• Regular
  • HAET BUS
Re: Zerg List Discussion 7: ....Wait, What Happened To 6?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 06:29:43 PM »
I just think you're paranoid, seeing zergs everywhere. When there's nothing to connect them except the timing, I'd expect to see more evidence (eg, other screen shots) of a connection between them. Essentially you've linked what looks like something every organised zombie or PKer strike team does, and called it "suspicious, zerg-like activity" (paraphrased). There's enough suspicious zerg-like activity around the City of Malton that something as tenuous as what you've posted is nothing but a waste of time. If they had similar names, or descriptions, or groups, or clothes, or levels/xp, or anything beyond a moment of shared activity (like perhaps other shots of them working together) then there might be merit to posting it.

There are of course characters on the list with what at first appear to be incredibly tenuous connections. But they're there because of the mountain of evidence gathered and methodically laid out when it's finally presented to the list. I applaud the intent behind posting here, exposing zergs is a laudable goal. But it really, really needs to be more than two random people acting five minutes apart; otherwise every organised strike ever or every call for an assist in IRC, would be posted here. With that in mind, I'm almost surprised you didn't link them to the zombie groans heard between their actions in your dumbwit.

Edited to add: I should probably have taken this to the Discussion Thread
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:34:51 PM by bisfan »

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
  • Retired: Will Only Answer Admin Questions.. Bitch!
    • My Video Blog and Coherent Ramblings
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »
1500 is not enough to max out the levels with a scientist class. Besides, are people so dumb to put same description and work with the same alt every time to get caught multiple times? I would have to call that as a seriously dumb zerging attempts if they did. IP address isn't exactly reliable, haven't you heard of dynamic IP? Oh well, I'm just informing what I see as a suspicious zerging attempt, it's up to the mods what they think.   ;)

:mad:

the_real_sam_fisher

• Banned
  • Shareholder
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
1500 is not enough to max out the levels with a scientist class. Besides, are people so dumb to put same description and work with the same alt every time to get caught multiple times? I would have to call that as a seriously dumb zerging attempts if they did. IP address isn't exactly reliable, haven't you heard of dynamic IP? Oh well, I'm just informing what I see as a suspicious zerging attempt, it's up to the mods what they think.   ;)

So what would you do to improve the process?
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --- House

Gunboundkorea

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
So, Spiderzed/Sally A Summers told us to post here because someone zerg listed us. I'll start. I'd just like to say that although a lot will register and post here today, most don't even sign on to their characters or MC email until our strike time (It's in the early morning EST, I won't say when, exactly), so it might be a little bit before everyone posts.

Remember people, only you can prevent Wiki Autism:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User:Urgggggggh/test

Gunboundkorea

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
^ I meant to edit the above post to state I was the leader, but accidentally posted here.

KyonkunDENWA

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 12:57:20 PM »
Testing.

^ Carabinieri Captain here, getting tired of being trolled by zerg accusations.

KrautChanMan

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »
Hey all, Captain FriendlyGerman here.

Just using a different username from my UD name...I hope that's alright.

Edit: From the Carabinieri

Alice Gravesend

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 01:59:46 PM »
Testing.

^ Carabinieri Captain here, getting tired of being trolled by zerg accusations.

you're not being trolled but with your members creation dates and amazing coordination you're going to be suspect. it doesnt help that you're in the dulston area which has a long history of large zerg groups that usually get a pass from the locals. it also doesn't help that the area your group has claimed as their territory, and pretty much that area alone, has been ridiculously meatsheilded by groupless low levels.  registering here will go a long way to helping you out though. judging from your activity reports on various forums, your group shouldn't have much trouble taking a couple minutes out each to register here. i hope you are legit because the NE could really use you.  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:18:36 PM by Alice Gravesend »

SureisAutismhere

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 01:06:15 PM »
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1920007

Captain Pomf here. Registration here takes a lonnnnnnnggggggg time.

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
  • Retired: Will Only Answer Admin Questions.. Bitch!
    • My Video Blog and Coherent Ramblings
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
Registration here takes a lonnnnnnnggggggg time.

Sorry about that, we had a pretty big spam attack here a couple weeks ago.. so we set reg to be approval for the time being.

KnowledgePatchouliMC

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1919997

This would be me, ~Mukyuu~.

Also, Alice, I'm pretty sure most of those lower-levels weren't affiliated with us, considering more than a few tried to kill us with Basic Firearms Training and kept shooting flares outside of every single building with survivors in it, while the rest appeared to be newbie survivors who actually talked and did stuff.

~Mukyuu~

bisfan

• Regular
  • HAET BUS
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »
Hey all, Captain FriendlyGerman here.

Just using a different username from my UD name...I hope that's alright.

Edit: From the Carabinieri
Use whichever name you like, but you should post which alt is yours, for the sake of clarity. That way folks can account for the alts that have been reported.

Moetron

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1920004

That would be me.

I apologize for our tardiness in posting here, registration and the fact that some people didn't get the email and our Commandante's absence didn't help matters.

SERBIAYESYESYES

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1934188

Test.

Edit: Seems to be working.

Gunboundkorea

• Anti-Spam Group
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1920004

That would be me.

I apologize for our tardiness in posting here, registration and the fact that some people didn't get the email and our Commandante's absence didn't help matters.

Yeah, my bad on that >_>.