Author Topic: Chekken comitted suicide  (Read 3829 times)

chekken

• Flapjack Social
  • Refugee
Chekken comitted suicide
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »
My friend Andrew (screen name Chekken) committed suicide on July 2. He wrote in his suicide note that I inform the Urban Dead community, since he had many friends here.

Andrew was a good player and a great person. Though he suffered with depression and anxiety for several years, he was a very nice person to those he considered friends. He had no qualms with standing up for what he believed in. He was an active philanthropist and often gave money and blood donations to the local Red Cross. I met Chekken quite a while ago through the Axes High community, and we often spoke outside of the game. We met a few times in person. I recall there was a time when we went to Wendy's and he paid for me to have the most expensive item on the menu on his dime. He never spoke ill of anyone when I was with him, and seemed excited and happy. I would have never guessed that he was depressed.

His friends, family and girlfriend will miss him sorely, and I hope (even if you didn't know him) that you wish him well...wherever he may be.

-Carlos

PsychoticPantomime

• GM's Girlfriend
  • Citizen
  • Legends Of Darkness
    • Legends Of Darkness
Re: Chekken comitted suicide
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
Any contact online we can send condolences to? Like an online memorial to give condolences to his family?
Leader & Dark Mistress of LoD:
 Psychotic Pantomime

Dr Killdare

• Regular
  • Does anyone know where I left the top to my dress?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 03:16:01 AM »
I didn't "know" Chekken and I never played UD with him but I do remember him from the old DEM board.

Carlos, please accept my condolences for the passing of your friend.      :-[
Queen of Malice (Leader), Garniss Border Patrol
Scarletwood

This computer allows me to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and vodka martinis.

Quod dixi dixi....... (Cicero, What I have said, I have said.)

DrJackson

• Shareholder
  • AWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »
I thought his name was Shawn.
"your friends look like drooling, slack-jawed gimps"
" 27.11 MHz: "DrJackson-another resident buttwipe needs to be put downASAP" (14 hours and 20 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "DrJackson=KOS/DNR" (14 hours and 19 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "Did we mention DrJackson is a lying weasel of a poofboy?" (14 hours and 17 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "and he wears his granny's panties on the outside" (14 hours and 16 minutes ago)"

[img]h

Atahalne

• Flapjack Social
  • Regular
  • He Who Interupts
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »
I assure you that I will make a DAMN good parent one day

http://www.sadtrombone.com/

Masumi Minogue

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:40:39 AM »
This is Prime Minister David Cameron. I am sorry to report that Masumi Minogue spontaneously combusted while on active duty. It is believed that she had read one too many faked internet suicide reports. She will be a sad loss to our country and our hearts go out to her friends and family at this difficult time.

Sorry, but I have seen too many of these now. Car accidents, suicides, even being killed in Afghanistan (that one was particularly easy to disprove). Without a full name and a town/city, and a link to a local news report or a myspace/facebook page where people are also grieving, without even taking the trouble to create a new account to break the news, these things are almost invariably bullshit (I'm aware of only one genuine one). Usually the deceased reappears after a few months and either shamefacedly admits they made it up or even just brazens it out. I'm annoyed enough by these now to be happy to take the risk of being a cruel and heartless bitch (especially since I don't post here any more). So feel free to prove me wrong.

Atahalne

• Flapjack Social
  • Regular
  • He Who Interupts
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
funny what googling the name chekken will come up with

Chekken's Weekly Recap - Jul 30 2012

Do you know what time of the week it is? Time to talk about what happened these last seven days: If you are an Xbox, you might be jealous that Chekken showed up to game 2 days this last week. Happy happy joy joy! We added 45 points of gamerscore. Points are good! Those 2 achievements were worth it I guess! Also, I think we can all agree that Chekken's favorite game last week was Saints Row: The Third. He played it on 2 of the days.