Author Topic: Sad  (Read 1627 times)

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
Sad
« on: January 07, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
Just wanted to say that Urban Dead seems to be slowly dying, and it makes me sad!

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
  • Retired: Will Only Answer Admin Questions.. Bitch!
    • My Video Blog and Coherent Ramblings
Re: Sad
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:25:17 PM »
Just wanted to say that Urban Dead seems to be slowly dying, and it makes me sad!

Since 2008

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:23:27 AM »
Even when I first joined, Nov. 2005, Urban Dead had already declined from it's peak of 60,000 alts. But, it was holding steady at 40,000 alts when I went inactive. I guess it's decline is as much my fault as anyone's. I was gone for years. I won't go inactive again, before the end, however long that takes.

Anime Sucks, thanks for long and faithful service.

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
Even when I first joined, Nov. 2005, Urban Dead had already declined from it's peak of 60,000 alts. But, it was holding steady at 40,000 alts when I went inactive. I guess it's decline is as much my fault as anyone's. I was gone for years. I won't go inactive again, before the end, however long that takes.

Anime Sucks, thanks for long and faithful service.

I would say the decline is Kevan's for lack up quality updates and general attention towards its players.  its his fault that people left the game in droves, because he let trolls (like myself) run the game, and allow massive abusers to continue to abuse the game, even though they didn't flag on his shitty abuse detection.

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »
I don't really want to argue about who caused the decline. Perhaps you are even correct. It just makes me sad to see it.

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 06:41:38 PM »
Not arguing, just discussing..

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 07:55:39 AM »
It just sounded like you had a lot of emotion behind your reply.

OK.

As to your being a troll. I don't remember you that way at all.
You and Token Black Man started this forum with the intention to improve on Desensitized, and to my mind you did. You made this a pleasant place to be, where people were actually nice to each other. I note that you still have at least one active alt in the game, and despite claiming to be retired, are still Administrator here. To my mind that is long and faithful service.

As to Kevan being responsible, he created the game, and gave us this place to play. OK, maybe his anti-zerg routine leave something to be desired, and, I admit, it doesn't look like he has done much lately. But, even the creator of the game has a right to get board. After 10 years the game is still up and running on his server. It seems to me he has actually done a lot.

Maybe it is just that the game has run it time. Few things last forever.

alwayzlate

• Banned
  • Refugee
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
Interesting commentary.

the_real_sam_fisher

• Banned
  • Shareholder
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 12:06:35 AM »
It just sounded like you had a lot of emotion behind your reply.

OK.

As to your being a troll. I don't remember you that way at all.
You and Token Black Man started this forum with the intention to improve on Desensitized, and to my mind you did. You made this a pleasant place to be, where people were actually nice to each other. I note that you still have at least one active alt in the game, and despite claiming to be retired, are still Administrator here. To my mind that is long and faithful service.

As to Kevan being responsible, he created the game, and gave us this place to play. OK, maybe his anti-zerg routine leave something to be desired, and, I admit, it doesn't look like he has done much lately. But, even the creator of the game has a right to get board. After 10 years the game is still up and running on his server. It seems to me he has actually done a lot.

Maybe it is just that the game has run it time. Few things last forever.

I assure you Anime Sucks was a total troll.  :wink: I'll spare you the epic dramas that made the flame wars of the 90's seem like a fireplace in comparison to a megaton nuke.

In regards to the game. It died due to the zergs, lack of updates and in general asshat behavior by a lot of the players. I definitely blame Kevan for that fiasco. If it was run properly by Kevan they'll be no need for a hit list that this forum provided of cheaters.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --- House

DrJackson

• A Moderator
  • Shareholder
  • AWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »
Kevan let the game rot so many people moved on unfortunately. They either left out of boredom or got sick of the trolls, zergers, miscreants etc etc.

He'd rather let people find pumpkins than adjust many of the broken mechanics.

Whats also sad is blanemcc is only 22.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:54:24 PM by DrJackson »
"your friends look like drooling, slack-jawed gimps"
" 27.11 MHz: "DrJackson-another resident buttwipe needs to be put downASAP" (14 hours and 20 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "DrJackson=KOS/DNR" (14 hours and 19 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "Did we mention DrJackson is a lying weasel of a poofboy?" (14 hours and 17 minutes ago)
27.11 MHz: "and he wears his granny's panties on the outside" (14 hours and 16 minutes ago)"

[img]h

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 07:58:15 AM »
Well, now I.m really, really sad. Not only is the game slowly dying, but this forum seems to have died. No one has posted in it in 5 months. So very sad.

Never mind! I guess the zerg list is still active, just nothing else.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:08:32 AM by Michelle Sim »