Poll

Does the use of third party reports violate fair ethics of the game?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Debate: 3rd Party Reports!  (Read 15744 times)

Sirens

• Regular
  • Red Queen
    • Red Rum Forums
Re: Debate: 3rd Party Reports!
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »
Kevan is lazy. We know this.

*bashes Xoid*

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
  • Retired: Will Only Answer Admin Questions.. Bitch!
    • My Video Blog and Coherent Ramblings
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 11:53:59 AM »
See now I can't understand that...you know that being able to see who's killing who in a room wasn't always part of the game.  Kevan the guy who made it actually added it after I  had been playing for some time.  Is this information then useless...why would he put a feature into his game that seems to be against ethical play?

:) I never said Kevan made good decisions regarding his game.  Why do you think people leaving in droves and playing other games like Nexus and Solor Conflict?  Third party reports! -teasing-

Kristi of the Dead

• Regular
  • Kill your TV
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 12:12:17 PM »
:) I never said Kevan made good decisions regarding his game.  Why do you think people leaving in droves and playing other games like Nexus and Solor Conflict?  Third party reports! -teasing-

I have to admit I laughed  ;P

Sonny

• Shareholder
  • HAMBURGERS?!
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
I don't know the specifics of sonny and cyberbob but here's a reason why it doesn't suck.  Sonny's more than welcome to come on over to brainstock and have a chat with PK report admins in the discussion thread about his beef.  And often if he can provide some proof that he's just josh'n with cyberbob or whatever pre arranged thing they have going on....poof he's off the list and not marked for life.

I did. A bunch of us posted there saying it was bullshit. I get combat revived so I kill 3 people and Cyberbob does the right thing and caps me. Then some fucktard reports Cyberbob on Brainstock saying he's a PKer.

This is like arresting a man for stopping a terrorist plot.

Kristi of the Dead

• Regular
  • Kill your TV
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 09:25:06 PM »
I did. A bunch of us posted there saying it was bullshit. I get combat revived so I kill 3 people and Cyberbob does the right thing and caps me. Then some fucktard reports Cyberbob on Brainstock saying he's a PKer.

This is like arresting a man for stopping a terrorist plot.

Hey what a coincidence! I'm on your list for exactly the same thing, killing an MotA PKer from back in the day.   Ya know what I was told when I said the exact same thing in my defense in the PK discussion thread?  I bet you can guess, as Kathew wasn't such a big fan of me.

I suppose that sort of thing can happen even without 3rd party reports.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 09:39:04 PM by Kristi of the Dead »

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 09:51:08 PM »
Hey what a coincidence! I'm on your list for exactly the same thing, killing an MotA PKer from back in the day.   Ya know what I was told when I said the exact same thing in my defense in the PK discussion thread?  I bet you can guess, as Kathew wasn't such a big fan of me.

Well Katthew and a attention starved shemale who was somebody's load that shoulda been swallowed.  She ran the PK list into the ground, and gave it the stigma that it has.  Blue Emu ran a good list, and Token has been doing the list fairly, which I'm sure everyone would agree to.  But if you ever find yourself up near calvert, I'd help ya get off...

... the list

Sirens

• Regular
  • Red Queen
    • Red Rum Forums
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 10:26:39 PM »
I'm also willing to help people get off the list.  Just let me know and we'll talk. ^^

Sonny

• Shareholder
  • HAMBURGERS?!
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 05:53:25 PM »
Shemale? Dude what?

Token Black Man

• Administrator
  • Shareholder
  • Do we have to play this game again?
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »
well as one of the two no's I'd like to say that 3rd party reports allow for safer coverage and patrols of an area because there are more people reported.  By taking 3rd party reports you get a better feel for the amount and location of PKers.  Simply put I like the idea of taking advantage of a feature Kevin added a while back,  it's nice to see who's killing who, and then actually use that information for the good of non pking survivors.  And us numbnuts at brainstock are pretty open to discussion many folks have been let off the list by coming and explaining their situation, basically if you're in a consensual PK war tell us and generally you're off the list.  And as for 3rd party reports being easy to fake...I make ALOT of graphic images...third party reports aren't so much easier than first person reports to fake.  Certainly not so easy that you could make it the basis for an arguement against 3rd party reports.

And as part of the recent changes to the PK list there we'll prolly not accept 3rd party reports on zerg hunters who are registered or some such depending on how it turns out (that's my little contribution cause I happen to like the idea of zerg hunters).  What the numbnuts at brainstock are concerned about is protecting survivors... our list isn't about revenge it's about making surviors as safe as they can be.

If making survivors as safe as they can be is the goal, what about an alternative list for reporting third-party reports, known as The Malton Police Report.

You're known as the Malton Police Department, but don't have any actual police reports aside from the Rogue's Gallery. By having third-person reports reported on The Malton Police report, it can acts as an informative list of PKers for survivors. It will give a location of the PK, and will add the PKer to a sperate master list for tracking, but does not give points to the PKers totals. This is because the reports for the Malton Police Report are considered heresey (third-person) and will require the victims to come forward and report them on the main list. The purpose of the Malton Police Report would be to act as an informative list and a means to track PKers.

If we work with the Malton Map, the Rogue's Gallery PKer Last Seen indicator, and the reports for the proposed Malton Police Report, we could have a suburb map that has an updatable listing that indicates what PKers have been seen in a given area. Not only could we track where PKers are, but we can give survivors a visual idea of where specific PKers are lurking and how many PKers are in a specific area. All we would have to do is take some of the Urban Dead Map information and tie it into the Rogue's Gallery reporting system and add a "track PKers" link, which gives the coordinates for the last known locations of the PKers.

Of course I am far fairer than katthew, but I can already see problems just because of the third-person reporting and the PK List.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 09:32:08 PM by Token Black Man »
I am Token Black Man, and I approve this message.

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2006, 11:19:47 AM »
I'm too tired to read it all, so forgive me if I am restating a point already posted.

What about a seperate list (Like TBM's) that we can accept third party reports on? Like a child to the PK Report. The person in the 3rd party report would be put on "Advisiory" and unless that person or someone else representing the group that person is from tells us what is going on, then it will either be removed to bumped up to a PK charge. Also, killing of anyone in Advisory would be labelled a PKer (Unless it's a group war PK or something)

Sorry if that is basically a simplified version of what TBM said. I wouldn't mind running such a list either (Since I lost the GK list to Fireblade...)

basically, Instead of taking sides, I'm just looking at a solution that pleases everyone.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:21:25 AM by Anticitizen »

Michelle Sim

• Citizen
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 08:04:09 AM »
I think that I'd go with TBM and Anticitizen. Yep, no arguments. Just a simple opinion.

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 06:08:31 PM »
I created the Third Party PK list. It's only an advisory list though.

Sonny

• Shareholder
  • HAMBURGERS?!
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »
Who the fuck was the shemale?!

Anime Sucks

• Go Fuck Yourself <3
  • Administrator
  • Shareholder
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2006, 08:20:43 PM »
Who the fuck was the shemale?!

Katthew

Sonny

• Shareholder
  • HAMBURGERS?!
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2006, 08:23:32 PM »