Poll

Does the use of third party reports violate fair ethics of the game?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Debate: 3rd Party Reports!  (Read 15578 times)

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
Re: Debate: 3rd Party Reports!
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2006, 11:55:23 PM »
Yes.

xoid

• Regular
  • The Alpha and Omega
    • Wiki
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2006, 01:41:47 AM »
Please tell me that you're jokin'. I had this view of a really pissed woman in her late 20s. You're breakin' my world view man!

[00:48] *** Sonny has been kicked by Empress (Xoid, told me too!)

Antimatter

• Phailure
  • Banned
  • Shareholder
    • phoriumblog
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2006, 03:36:03 PM »
It appeases both sides of the debate, a la TBM style. People who hate Third Party reports don't have to worry, as the person is not legally on the list (and as such, will still be charged accordingly if someone is killed on the list), and will not be charged with PK unless the real victim comes and verifies it, and it appeases those who use Third party reports by giving people a place to do it.

It's a win-win situation.

jellofun

• Regular
    • ZOMBO
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2006, 10:17:10 PM »
Sorry to break in here, I am still pretty new...

My thoughts... 3rd party is not the best way to report a PK.  On that note, not sure if the zerg list is all that fair either.  Some of the zerg evidence is pretty convincing, but other parts seem be no worse than 3rd party reports as seen on brainstock.  I do agree that TBM has done a great job with the new PKer list.  That other forum etc was kinda painful to go to at times.

notthemilkybarkid

• Citizen
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »
"Does the use of third party reports violate fair ethics of the game?"

Hah. It in no way violates any game rules, as in the game itself there are none relating to PKs, Bounties, and so on and so forth, The only rules in the game itself are basically 'zerging bad!' and 'l33t h4x bad!'. PKing is in no way prohibited in the game itself. All bounty hunting systems and guilds and what not are all fan made anyway.

grrrrgh

• Citizen
  • It's a trick, get an axe.
    • http://www.GTAForums.com
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 11:29:36 AM »
"violate fair ethics of the game"

el oh el No. Absolutely not.

That said, I'm glad third party reports aren't used here. I'm also glad there's a third party report list for informational purposes. I've seen many people PKed, and I have no doubt that many of them don't report it anywhere.

jellofun

• Regular
    • ZOMBO
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2007, 09:51:37 AM »
I feel as though 3rd party reports should be used much in the same way as the Arse list is now.  People who get reported get flagged and that is all.  I am not saying that there is no place/room for 3rd party reports, just that assigning kill points for them is prolly not the right road to go down.